Tuesday, March 17, 2015

transgressions of me

Arising from a few conversations yesterday...

The church girl in me just can't get away from the theme of religion even if I've escaped from the belief system.

Bits and phrases stolen or borrowed from a few. I'll ask for forgiveness now...

How do you see
the transgressions of me?
Is it missing the mark?
Or is it just a spark
to a flame ignited
which society blighted?
Should we adjust our aim
to avoid the mark of Cain?
What do you call
the depraved downfall
of man, I wonder?
Let no man put asunder
that which she atoned.
Willing to be stoned
for her burdened beliefs.
Not much more than deceit
This fear institutionalized.
My free will rationalized
has no negative connotation
but a glorious revelation
to have all that is within
be labeled as a sin...

No comments:

Post a Comment