Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The question

I was asked by someone "how do I make my way into your heart?" The question hit me like a ton of bricks for many reasons. One, he wanted in. Two, I wasn't sure how to answer. Three, I had gone down a path I wasn't nearly ready for.

I was honest and said that I couldn't answer. That I was in tears because of a seemingly simple question that I thought every woman should know how to answer. I wasn't ready.

The next morning, I woke to comments and hurt from the same person who asked the question. This was my reply...

Not to be swayed,
By gusts and sand dust.
Air ever breathing
Fly she must

To survive a life
From the cocoon.
She left behind
Willingly, all to soon.

Do you see her wings?
Fragile and new
Delicately intricate
And prized by so few.

No comments:

Post a Comment