Sunday, February 15, 2015

Verbally Vomit

So, yeah...Some chic on a poet community is very well versed and educated on poetry. She said some words, critiqued a few poems and if it was a class room setting, totally can get it.

I don't think I'm a poet. I enjoy writing. I'm not educated in literature. I was a business major.

Writing helps me work out the thoughts in my head and allows me to express them creatively. I'm not looking to be published...most times I am just looking for connection.

This is my retort...

This rhyme and reason
Is an art called treason.
My parable a paradox
Flows extinct as a triceratops.
This stanza too painful
Allowing the disdainful.
Clear bright shining ambiguity
Narrowing the visual acuity.
Structure versus free verse
A free mind, an amatuer curse.
Making sense of connotation
And alluring egregious alliteration.
Forgive the literal for not figuratively
Speaking, naive comparatively.
Running through my mind an epic
A hyperbolic poem seen as septic.
Waste laced words disgraced
As my heart I only embrace.
Excuse me as I open the door,
I'm about to verbally vomit once more...

No comments:

Post a Comment