Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A Foolish Reprise

A foolish reprise
Flooding my mind
You and I
Watching the tide
Rushing and rise
Vast blue skies
Your hand in mine
Walking side by side

This foolish reprise
Running wild
You and I
A scenic drive
Through the country side
Autumn's colorful tide
Our canvas as we sip wine
Sitting side by side

A maddening reprise
Strolling by
You and I
The garden shines
A wintry delight
Lips as cold as ice
Our warmth combined
Loving side by side

A vexing reprise
Lovers night
You and I
Arms entwined
Legs they slide
Soft touches give rise
Hearts to each other tied
Lying side by side

A dreamed reprise
Refuses my eyes
You and I
The future bright
Thoughts of being your bride
My heart takes flight
Our souls collide
Soaring side by side

The final reprise
A sad goodbye
You and I
Dreams subside
The universe's plight
To us I brought the demise
To my heart I did lie

Away from your side...

No longer...

You and I

Just a foolish reprise...

© Evelyn Elizabeth 2015

Sometimes, you make really bad decisions that can fuck up a future that seemed so damn right.

Live, learn, try to let go...and love again someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment