Monday, February 9, 2015

Here Comes Ms. Evil

Awake this Sunday morning
After transmitters and synapse
Have tried to make sense
All my thoughts they unwrap

The coy little reminder
Left on my pillow
Perplexing and daunting
My mind a glowing billow

What can it mean?
What did it say?
Should I try to understand
In some Freudian way?

A short quick phrase
Was all that they left me
To ponder and vex
To some extent agree.

On a small piece of paper
In a short quick minute
With gold leaf and filigree
Beautifully it was writ

A sentence unlike me
Or so I thought
It's just a dream they say
No reason to be distraught.

Dreams as wondrous
As grueling nightmare
Some foretelling
Most your soul bare

If this foretold
In four fragments
Then all things to come
Run wildly rampant.

If this is my soul
All masks taken away
Am I living a lie
Day after day?

The words freeing
"Here comes Ms. Evil."
Four lovely writ pieces
Yet to the mind deceitful.

© Evelyn Elizabeth 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment