Monday, February 9, 2015

Sleepless Nights


Back to the night. Back to the dark silence. Left alone to my thoughts. Such a treacherous place. Such a mindful mess.

Constantly drawing the lines that dare not be crossed. Consistently deepening the introspection. Continuously reminding myself that the rabbit hole, while wondrous, is not the world.

Sadness looms when I'm left alone with my thoughts. Feelings of inadequacy and doubts of contentment reach a pinnacle at night. With the switch of the light to turn the room dark, a counter switch is thrown to light the corners of my soul. Thoughts and feelings, rationalizations and judgments, memories and dreams overwhelm my heart and I am left to sort it all out.

This lonely creature longs to find that one kindred spirit. To share the night sky. To wander through the paths of life. A gypsy soul that my heart comes home to. Arms that engulf me with gentle strength. Lips that embrace me with whimsical adventure.

Loneliness seems bigger when the lights are low. Emptiness is deeper when the night sky shines.

No comments:

Post a Comment