Monday, February 9, 2015

Habits

Habits

My cup full of coffee
A smoke to start the day
An end to a night
That began the same way.

Sitting alone in the dark
Waiting for that still, sweet voice
Thoughts that are trained
to seek you and rejoice

So today starts a new beginning
Some habits will stay
To get me through the loneliness
In the charcoal gray

What is done can't be undone
And no magic wand will resolve
The hurt that I caused to the one
Around my world did revolve

The colors are muted at sunrise
These thoughts are less than fleeting
But I'll let you go so that
My heart will stop bleeding

With one more sip of coffee
Now cold and one last drag
I'll get my day started
Trying to reduce the lag

Habits don't change
And the heart won't let me forget
All the ways you touched me
Overwhelmed with regret

No comments:

Post a Comment