Monday, April 6, 2015

Don't ask

Just when I think it's gone
the battle is over and I've moved on
habit moves on to the field
and I am left without a shield.

Manipulation and self-doubt
come reigning over you in a storm cloud.
Innocent like, or so it seems,
just a question construed by means

of wanting to know more.
It was all I was asking for.
I sat and coiled back
and waited for the attack.

Days on end you would disappear
to a place I wasn't allowed to come near.
I lived in mystery
because asking any history

you would break out in aggression
with each question.
You made unsteady promises
holding my emotions as hostages.

Inquiry would by our undoing
because of me pursuing
just wanting to know...
is it me you want or that hoe?

She had no limbs, lips or eyelids
but her grip on you was decisive.
She ran through your veins
and let chaos reign.

I could see her in your eyes
no matter how much you tried
to cover up the mixture.
She became the fixture.

She led you on a constant chase.
The whore set out with no disgrace
to let your being dissolve
and around her world revolve.

Until the time,
after spending every dime,
you would forget her.
Yet still, my voice made your skin blister.

I would bring you to a frenzy,
you making me think I'm crazy
for needing the truth...
Words spoken to soothe

all my wonderings and doubt
with you in a darkened cloud.
My fault I unleashed the army...

I always walked a way with a sorry.

© Evelyn Elizabeth 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment