Friday, April 10, 2015

Debt collecting season

And I wanted to raise my voice
at the indecency...
at the sheer depravity...
because I had made a choice

And then I wanted to yell
in the horrid reality...
in the absence of normality..
Until the tears began to swell

And I listened to the whisper
of the faint vitality...
of the freedom in finality...
"Your debt is paid," came with a whimper

And whispers became a loud voice
filling to capacity...
overflowing to ferocity...
I am willing to accept my choice

whispers banishing captivity...
You are strong
You are love
You are connected
You are rising above

voices defying gravity...
You are good
You are humble
You are free
You are paid in full

And I finally see the reason
Whispers filling the freedom

© Evelyn Elizabeth 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment